Married same-sex couples and registered domestic partners in California must end their relationships through a court procedure, just like opposite-sex couples. This doesn’t mean that you actually have to go to court, though—many people take care of the legal aspects of ending their relationship by submitting paperwork for what’s called an “uncontested” dissolution, without ever appearing before a judge.
Emily works with same-sex and opposite-sex couples on uncontested or mediated divorce cases in all Bay Area counties. Services include:
- Mediation of divorce for married and registered couples, and separation for unmarried couples
- Consultation about your rights and what to expect in the court process.
- Coaching during your mediation process with another mediator
- Coaching you to represent yourself in the court process
- Preparing paperwork for an uncontested divorce
Emily can help with your divorce as long as you expect your dissolution to be uncontested (in other words, you already agree or expect to reach an agreement through mediation or collaboration). If you need litigation services, Emily can refer you to other attorneys who can help you with that.
Fees for Divorce Services: $375 per hour; flat fees available for preparing paperwork in some circumstances.