Emily Doskow has been practicing law and mediation in the Bay Area since 1989, meeting the changing legal needs of her clients and the community with a personal, flexible approach to legal services.
For more than 20 years, Emily Doskow has been helping LGBTQI individuals, couples, and families establish their relationships and protect their rights. Your life is full of transitions: you may be planning to marry or to register as domestic partners, to have or adopt a child, or to change the structure of your family because your partnership is ending. All of these life changes carry legal consequences and all of them require legal planning. If you need help or information, Emily Doskow can help you learn about
- Options for bringing a child into your life (adoption, surrogacy, ovum donation)
- Preparing a sperm donor agreement
- Completing an adoption (domestic partner, stepparent, independent)
- Marrying or registering as domestic partners, including premarital or pre-partnership legal counseling and preparation of prenuptial and pre-registration agreements
- The legal rights of married spouses and domestic partners when children are involved
- The legal rights of coparents where there is no adoption
- Dissolving a marriage or domestic partnership
- Using mediation to resolve a dispute or make important decisions
Emily is committed to providing high quality legal services at affordable rates, and to explaining the law in plain English so that you understand what it means to you.